Dr. Brown takes pride in helping patients refresh their appearance with the an eyelid surgery. Blepharoplasty, or more commonly known as eyelid surgery improves the appearance of eyelids to restore a more youthful look for patients.
Eyelid surgery can eliminate under eye bags, sagging lower eyelids, excess skin from upper eyelids, puffiness and wrinkles. Aside from its cosmetic purposes, this procedure also corrects obscured vision. Many plastic surgeons now offer temporary procedures aimed to treat eyelid issues. Although this may seem initially enticing, these results will diminish over time. Despite the growth in quick fix procedures, Dr. Brown helps patients permanently treat eyelid problems with his eyelid procedures.
TYPES OF EYELID SURGERY
- Upper Eyelid Surgery- Sagging eyelids can be caused by genetics, age, sun exposure, trauma and various medical conditions. This procedure is performed to get rid of drooping, saggy upper eyelids.
- Lower Eyelid Surgery- As time passes, wrinkles become more pronounced and swelling increases under the eye. This procedure is done to treat under eye bags, puffiness and wrinkles.
- Asian Eyelid Surgery- This procedure is designed to help treat those who lack the natural contour or double fold of the upper eyelid. This procedure is popular among those of Asian descent.
Achieve the youthful, lively look you desire with eyelid surgery in Tampa!
Depending on the patient’s specific needs, procedures can be done alone or combined.
During the initial consultation, you will be able to discuss your ideal aesthetic goal for your eyelid surgery. Dr. Brown will help identify, target and treat your problem areas with a personalized procedure plan. He will also evaluate your general health to ensure a safe treatment process.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE UNDERGO EYELID SURGERY
People choose eyelid surgery to treat imperfections that give unintentionally sad, angry, or tired facial expressions. Blepharoplasty can correct the following:
- Excess, loose skin that hides the natural fold of the upper eyelid.
- Excess, loose skin that overlaps over the upper eyelid and eyelashes.
- Puffy upper and/or lower lids, also known as dark circles or bags under the eyes.
- Deep creases and distinct lines beneath the eyes.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH BLEPHAROPLASTY (EYELID SURGERY)?
These procedures can be personalized and combined, therefore the recovery process will vary with each patient. After the eyelid surgery, an ointment will be applied to the eyes. Swelling and bruising may arise after the procedure. The head should remain elevated with cold compresses placed on the eyes. Medication may be prescribed for general discomfort and pain, if needed.
Stitches will be removed one week after surgery. At this time, patients will be able to resume normal activities, but should continue to avoid any eye strain. After your procedure, Dr. Brown will schedule your postoperative appointment to further assess your healing process and address any additional questions or concerns.
EYELID SURGERY TAMPA , LUTZ, & LAND O’LAKES
Book your consultation with Dr. Brown at Tampa Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery and receive the top plastic surgery care in the Tampa area.
PS: Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) is also offered at Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Pasco County and surrounding areas.